- How do I activate a Maven public profile?
- Who Joins Maven?
- How do I become a Maven?
- I received an email inviting me to join Maven. How did you get my contact information?
- Am I allowed to participate in Maven?
- But I don’t consider myself an “expert”. Why should I join Maven?
- Why do I need to write a Knowledge Summary? Isn’t my resumé enough?
- Ok, I’ve signed up as a Maven. Now what?
- What should my hourly consulting rate be?
- Am I required to accept invitations to consult?
- I received an invitation to consult, but I’m not sure I’m qualified for it. What should I do?
- I received an invitation to a Telephone Consultation that indicated the customer would like to record the call. What is this? Do I have to agree? If I agree, will I receive a copy of the recording?
Privacy, Security, Communications
- I don't want to disclose my current employer.
- A Maven called to say he wanted to schedule a Consultation with me. Do you allow Mavens to market themselves directly to your customers?
- One of your customers called to say he wanted to schedule a Consultation with me. I never received an invitation to consult with this customer, and the request isn’t listed on my Dashboard. How did he get my contact information?
- How does Privacy work for Consultations? Does the other person know who I am?
- If you don’t give out personal contact information then how are we supposed to have Telephone Consultations?
- How do I prevent my profile from being viewed by those who I don’t wish to see it?
- I refuse to disclose my name or verify my identity.
- I am willing to prove my identity to Maven, but I prefer not to use the electronic system. Is there an alternative method?
- How long does ID Verification take?
- What are the benefits of ID Verification?
- I received an invitation to consult, but your system won’t allow me to accept it without going through the identity verification process. Why?
- How do I know that the person I’m talking to is who they say they are? What kind of identity verification do you perform?